community meeting house
Old Ship Meeting House, a National Historic Landmark, has served as a community gathering place for over 300 years.
First Parish (Unitarian Universalist) holds Sunday services and other programs in the Meeting House to which all are welcome.
The entire community uses the Meeting House regularly for civic, educational, cultural and personal events.
civic & educational
A sample of events includes:
• Meeting House Forums: community-wide gatherings to discuss issues of the day
• Annual Ecumenical Community Thanksgiving Eve Service
• Annual Lincoln's Day Celebration in February commemorates Hingham's General Benjamin Lincoln, George Washington's Second in Command during the Revolutionary War, and other Hingham forebearers of President Abraham Lincoln
• Hingham Historical Society House Tour
• Tours for school children
• Guided tours during the summer months and by appointment. Contact the Old Ship Office: 781-749-1679
• Candlelight Concerts
• Atlantic Symphony Orchestra Chamber Concerts
• Community Arts Walk
Consider the Meeting house for your music concert, poetry reading, lecture, art show or other cultural event.
• child dedications
• memorial services of all faiths
The Meeting House is available for rental for public and private events throughout the year. Contact the office in the Parish House for details.